It’s Tanjiro’s first job as a member of the Demon Slayer Corps and it’s looking like it’s going to be a tough one. Girls have been disappearing and he’s got to put a stop to it.
What did you watch?
This season’s looking good so far. We’ve powered through the Demon Slayer basic training and entrance exams and it’s only episode 6 of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. Now, Tanjiro is going to have to work hard if he’s going to survive, let alone find a way to change Nezuko back! As usual, there will be spoilers.
Urokodaki gives Tanjiro some last-minute advice before he heads off on his first mission. He also provides Tanjiro with a lightweight box for transporting Nezuko around. We find out why the blacksmith failed to get excited about a black blade, although it still remains ominous as there is little known about them as they occur so infrequently.
Tanjiro arrives in the town and instantly begins to track the demon. He finds a man that was with one of the girls when she vanished who is noticeably shaken by the experience. With scent trails all over town, Tanjiro puts his nose to the ground and gives chase. Then, as the demon attempts to abduct another girl, Tanjiro intervenes, finding himself face to face with not one but three demons that can travel through the ground!
What did you think?
I’m still loving this series. Absolutely loving it. This episode was undoubtedly all build-up for the big fight which should happen in the next episode. It is shounen after all, so it’s worth tempering our expectations with just how long a fight can last, but with the speed with which we breezed through the earlier elements, I have high hopes that the pace will remain. There are so many moments in this series where I find myself grinning uncontrollably.
What was your favourite moment?
This was an easy one. Tanjiro was fighting the demon which had split into three. He was struggling to land a killer blow and with the way the demon could move through the earth and even walls, it had the advantage. Not to mention that Tanjiro was also protecting the man that helped him find the demon’s trail and the girl he’d just saved.
Anyhow, one of the demon’s persona was about to land a serious hit to Tanjiro when the door to Nezuko’s box burst open and her foot struck the demon’s head so hard it spun an immeasurable number of times. She then climbed out of the box and joined Tanjiro… or more like took over. The next episode is going to be awesome!
What was your least favourite moment?
At the moment, I’m really struggling to come up with my least favourite moments, because it really doesn’t feel like they are wasting any time. Every flashback happens at an appropriate time, pacing wise, and reveals something clear and useful. It seems to be just Tanjiro’s luck that there is only one demon that can create other demons and it’s the original one… thousands of years old and no doubt one tough bastard!
Who was your favourite character?
In this episode, it was Tanjiro (although I get the feeling that Nezuko is going to get the next episode). He’s an interesting character who doesn’t care what others think of him as he crawls around sniffing the floor. It was good to see him fearlessly charge into action and save the girl. Unfortunately, he’s yet to really damage to the demon, but then I doubt everyone gets a morphed demon on their first mission.
Who was your least favourite character?
Again. It’s a tough one. The demon that split into three personas was awesome and creepy, especially when its teeth started to chatter. Then, there was the guy that was helping Tanjiro. I can understand the rage from the parents of the girl that had been with him, but I also felt sorry for him. He’d been through hell and everyone kept treating him like it was his fault, until Tanjiro showed up that is.
Would you like some more?
Definitely. The fight is just about to get interesting with Nezuko about to stomp one of the demons into the ground. The only worrying thing is that the title of the next episode is Muzan Kibutsuji… that’s the name of the ancient demon that turned Nezuko… yeah! Things are about to get really messy. I’d have a cushion ready to hide behind for the next episode if I was you!
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Cruelty
- Episode 2 – Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki
- Episode 3 – Sabito and Makomo
- Episode 4 – Final Selection
- Episode 5 – My Own Steel
- Episode 6 – Swordsman Accompanying a Demon
- Episode 7 – Muzan Kibutsuji
- Episode 8 – The Smell of Enchanting Blood
- Episode 9 – Temari Demon and Arrow Demon
- Episode 10 – Together Forever
- Episode 11 – Tsuzumi Mansion
- Episode 12 – The Boar Bares Its Fangs, Zenitsu Sleeps
- Episode 13 – Something More Important Than Life
- Episode 14 – The House with the Wisteria Family Crest
- Episode 15 – Mount Natagumo
- Episode 16 – Letting Someone Else Go First
- Episode 17 – You Must Master a Single Thing
- Episode 18 – A Forged Bond
- Episode 19 – Hinokami
- Episode 20 – Pretend Family
- Episode 21 – Against Corps Rules
- Episode 22 – Master of the Mansion
- Episode 23 – Hashira Meeting
- Episode 24 – Rehabilitation Training
- Episode 25 – Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri
- Episode 26 – New Mission
- Season Two – Yuukaku-hen
- Episode 1 – Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui
- Episode 2 – Infiltrating the Entertainment District
- Episode 3 – What Are You?
- Episode 4 – Tonight
- Episode 5 – Things Are Gonna Get Real Flashy!
- Episode 6 – Layered Memories
- Episode 7 – Transformation
- Episode 8 – Gathering
- Episode 9 – Defeating an Upper Rank Demon
- Episode 10 – Never Give Up
- Episode 11 – No Matter How Many Lives
- Season Three – Katanakaji no Sato-hen
- Season One
- Bonus Posts