Despite Tohru’s best efforts, she can’t seem to stop Kyo and Yuki from continuing to try to best one another. They’re both so stubborn, it’s looking like an impossible task.
What did you watch?
Somehow, the spring schedule was flying by. At this point, I was very happy with my selections. There have been some concerns, but I was confident that things are heading in the right direction. If only, I’d known what awaited me. Not with this series, however, this one just seems to get better and better. Get ready for some spoilers.
It’s the cultural festival at school and Tohru’s class has been given the task of producing the rice balls. There have been some reasonable suggestions and then there was Kyo’s suggestion which involves some sort of deathmatch. Naturally, Yuki shoots him down and goes in a different direction.
Kyo confides in Tohru about how much he envies Yuki and his ability to talk to people. Later as Yuki walks Tohru home from work, he tells her that he is jealous of Kyo’s ability to allow people close to him. Not only are they complete opposites, but they both envy each other.
What did you think?
There were some funny moments and some sweet moments. I am enjoying this series despite it being far from my usual choice of show. It is starting to get interesting too as more and more of the Soma clan appear, despite no formal introduction yet.
What was your favourite moment?
There’s was a heartfelt moment where Yuku was confiding in Tohru. She was just about to say something sincere when a drunk office worker stumbled into her and told them to get home and stop flirting. Unfortunately, he knocked her into Yuki turning him into a rat.
What was your least favourite moment?
Yuki seems to have quite the temper and lashes out at Kyo without warning. Seems to be fairly cruel and more than a little unstable, whether he’s jealous or not, that’s no reason to act out like this. I definitely prefer Kyo to Yuki so far.
Who was your favourite character?
She was only briefly in this episode and the others, but I love Tohru’s friends. They are crazy and protective. It was awesome when Arisa slammed her lead pipe down on the table of the girls making fun of Tohru’s ideas and also when she challenged Kyo to a game or rich man, poor man. I look forward to them showing up more and more.
Who was your least favourite character?
I still don’t like Yuki too much. There’s something about his demeanour and way of speaking that just seems to run me the wrong way. Sure, he had some touching moments like the vegetable garden, but then he ruined it by force-feeding Kyo a chive rice ball.
Would you like some more?
Yes, surprisingly I am looking forward to the rest of the season and where it takes us. I think at this stage I’m on Kyo’s side, but really I just want more of Shigure and Tohru’s friends.
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – See You After School
- Episode 2 – They’re All Animals!
- Episode 3 – Let’s Play Rich Man, Poor Man!
- Episode 4 – What Year Is She?
- Episode 5 – I’ve Been Fooling Myself
- Episode 6 – Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
- Episode 7 – Spring Comes
- Episode 8 – See You When You Get Back
- Episode 9 – Yuki Was My First Love
- Episode 10 – It’s Valentine’s, After All
- Episode 11 – This is a Wonderful Inn
- Episode 12 – You Look Like You’re Having Fun
- Episode 13 – How Have You Been, My Brother?
- Episode 14 – That’s a Secret
- Episode 15 – I Wouldn’t Say That
- Episode 16 – She Said Don’t Step on Them!
- Episode 17 – This Is for Uo-chan!
- Episode 18 – What’s Important Is…
- Episode 19 – I’m So Sorry!
- Episode 20 – I Can’t Believe You Picked It Up
- Episode 21 – I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight
- Episode 22 – Because I Was Happy
- Episode 23 – You Look Well…
- Episode 24 – Let’s Go Home
- Episode 25 – Summer Will Be Here Soon
- Season Two
- Episode 26 – Hello Again
- Episode 27 – Eat Somen with Your Friends
- Episode 28 – Shall We Go and Get You Changed?
- Episode 29 – I Got Dumped…
- Episode 30 – Wait for me, tororo soba!
- Episode 31 – Are you really this stupid?
- Episode 32 – Let’s Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest!
- Episode 33 – Well, It’s True
- Episode 34 – My Precious…
- Episode 35 – Who Are You?
- Episode 36 – All Mine
- Episode 37 – You Cried for Me
- Episode 38 – Sure Thing
- Episode 39 – I Should Just Die…
- Episode 40 – See You Later
- Episode 41 – Ask Him For Me
- Episode 42 – You Will, I’m Sure of It
- Episode 43 – Do You Wanna Kiss?
- Episode 44 – There’s Just No Way!
- Episode 45 – Are You Okay?
- Episode 46 – There Was, Definitely
- Episode 47 – That Isn’t What I Want
- Episode 48 – It’s Cinderella-ish
- Episode 49 – Here You Are
- Episode 50 – I’m Different Now
- Season Three
- Episode 51 – I’ll Hold Another Banquet
- Episode 52 – That’s an Unwavering Truth
- Episode 53 – I Hope It Snows Soon
- Episode 54 – I’m… Home.
- Episode 55 – I Mean… You Know, Right?
- Episode 56 – It Was So Foolish
- Episode 57 – That’s Right, It’s Empty
- Episode 58 – I’m Disappointed in You
- Episode 59 – What’s Your Name?
- Episode 60 – I Just Love Her
- Episode 61 – Goodbye
- Episode 62 – You Fought Well
- Episode 63 – See You Again Soon
Fruits Basket Collectors Edition Manga Volume 1 – $15.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.
Fruits Basket Collectors Edition Manga Volume 2 – $15.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.
Fruits Basket Collectors Edition Manga Volume 3 – $15.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.