It’s the penultimate day of their summer break and Momiji has brought fireworks so that they can truly celebrate. Akito has to head home to deal with an issue, but decides to finally pay Tohru a visit first!
Things seemed to be going well at the Soma summer house. Momiji had brought some fireworks for a big finale and Tohru was happy that Kyo and Yuki seemed to be making strides. Then, when she was going to let Momiji know that his show was about to start, she overheard him talking with Kyo. Meanwhile, Akito seemed to be annoyed at Shigure and accused him of not being nice enough. Of course, Akito blamed Tohru for the change. Before Shigure could object, Kureno interrupted with a family emergency. That meant that Akito would have to head home immediately, but not before paying Tohru a late-night visit.
Momiji was the one to see Akito waiting outside and asked what was wrong. Akito demanded that Momiji wake Tohru, but when he refused, Akito punched him. Tohru who couldn’t sleep ran to stop Akito, but soon found herself in a terrifying situation. Akito told Tohru about what will happen to Kyo after high school and how the others would all ultimately return to the estate and live there. Tohru questioned Akito’s beliefs and asked what Akito was to the zodiac. Akito leant in and said “I’m like a god to them!” and then scratched Tohru’s face.
What did you think?
Well, I knew something was coming, but to see Akito straight up confront Tohru and reveal her god-like status was intense. I don’t think Akito is a god in the all-powerful sense, but the position as the head of the Soma family has certainly got to her. I’m still sticking to my belief that Akito is a woman and I think the fact that she hates Momiji is because Momiji dresses like a girl when she can’t. There is obviously some sort of supernatural connection and I think we saw it when Kyo was being dressed down by Akito so it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I wonder if Kyo could be the one to finally stop Akito as he’s not part of the actual zodiac.
What have you learnt?
I’m amazed at Tohru’s strength of heart and how she inspires those around her. She’s a clumsy goofball in reality, but you cannot fault her convictions. She wants to break the curse and quite frankly if anyone can it’s going to be her. I thought it was interesting to see Shigure end up on the wrong side of Akito, although it doesn’t seem to faze him. He definitely looked like he was about to ramp up his own plan. I’ve also learnt that I really, really, really want to see Akito knocked down. Whether it’s in the physical or metaphorical sense, I don’t really mind. This series has ramped up the intensity over the last couple of episodes and I hope it keeps going.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – See You After School
- Episode 2 – They’re All Animals!
- Episode 3 – Let’s Play Rich Man, Poor Man!
- Episode 4 – What Year Is She?
- Episode 5 – I’ve Been Fooling Myself
- Episode 6 – Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
- Episode 7 – Spring Comes
- Episode 8 – See You When You Get Back
- Episode 9 – Yuki Was My First Love
- Episode 10 – It’s Valentine’s, After All
- Episode 11 – This is a Wonderful Inn
- Episode 12 – You Look Like You’re Having Fun
- Episode 13 – How Have You Been, My Brother?
- Episode 14 – That’s a Secret
- Episode 15 – I Wouldn’t Say That
- Episode 16 – She Said Don’t Step on Them!
- Episode 17 – This Is for Uo-chan!
- Episode 18 – What’s Important Is…
- Episode 19 – I’m So Sorry!
- Episode 20 – I Can’t Believe You Picked It Up
- Episode 21 – I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight
- Episode 22 – Because I Was Happy
- Episode 23 – You Look Well…
- Episode 24 – Let’s Go Home
- Episode 25 – Summer Will Be Here Soon
- Season Two
- Episode 26 – Hello Again
- Episode 27 – Eat Somen with Your Friends
- Episode 28 – Shall We Go and Get You Changed?
- Episode 29 – I Got Dumped…
- Episode 30 – Wait for me, tororo soba!
- Episode 31 – Are you really this stupid?
- Episode 32 – Let’s Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest!
- Episode 33 – Well, It’s True
- Episode 34 – My Precious…
- Episode 35 – Who Are You?
- Episode 36 – All Mine
- Episode 37 – You Cried for Me
- Episode 38 – Sure Thing
- Episode 39 – I Should Just Die…
- Episode 40 – See You Later
- Episode 41 – Ask Him For Me
- Episode 42 – You Will, I’m Sure of It
- Episode 43 – Do You Wanna Kiss?
- Episode 44 – There’s Just No Way!
- Episode 45 – Are You Okay?
- Episode 46 – There Was, Definitely
- Episode 47 – That Isn’t What I Want
- Episode 48 – It’s Cinderella-ish
- Episode 49 – Here You Are
- Episode 50 – I’m Different Now