Rin has been missing for a while and it’s worrying Tohru. Luckily, Haru was on the case and while searching for Rin, he bumped into Hiro and found out some information that Hiro had been holding close…
No one had seen Rin for some time now. Haru, however, hadn’t even realised until Yuki asked him about her. He told Yuki to thank Tohru for her concern and then hurried out to see what he could find.
Back at the Soma estate, Kisa was on her way to Hiro’s house to see his new little sister. She met Hiro on the way and he was just about to confess something to her when he walked into Haru. Haru asked if either had seen Rin. Neither had, but it was enough to make Hiro reveal everything he knew and had been keeping to himself.
With the thought of being a good big brother to his new sister, he couldn’t sit on the information any longer. He told Haru that Akito had pushed Rin from the second-floor balcony and that it hadn’t been an accident. Haru hurried off, leaving Hiro and Kisa behind.
Meanwhile, Kureno followed a maid to the Cat’s cabin, a place that no one but the Cat is allowed to go. He confronted her and asked what she was doing. She tried to tell him to leave, but Kureno wasn’t budging. Eventually, she caved and gave him the key, asking him to save whoever was inside.
Haru stormed into Akito’s room, giving the old hag that seems to run the place a piece of his mind. Then, he stood up to Akito, furious at what she had done and what she may even now be doing to Rin. Akito tried to laugh it off, but Haru was firm. Then, Kureno ran in and attempted to resolve the situation by telling Haru that Rin was on her way to the hospital after being found in the Cat’s Cabin.
Akito was furious that Kureno had betrayed her, but not nearly as mad as Haru who came within a hair’s breadth of punching Akito. He left and hurried to the hospital, his bond with Akito frayed. Of course, Rin left the hospital on her own and was prepared to die to save Haru. However, she passed out in the streets and was found by Haru who took her home.
What did you think?
Holy shit! I am raging! After the last episode which showcased how much Yuki had grown and was able to see his own struggles in others, we got hit with this episode. Don’t misunderstand me here, this episode was incredible, but it left me ready to punch Akito… no scratch that, I’m ready to burn down the Soma estate with Akito, her mother, and the head maid tied up in the middle of it. I was so relieved to see Haru stand up to Akito, although I was a little disappointed that the bond didn’t completely break.
It’s also good to see that Kureno has finally stepped up and he too may be moving away from Akito. She asks why everyone is betraying her, but I think she must know. Akito is a stone-cold sociopath who does what she wants with the zodiac members. It’s clear from the old maid, that they all believe that it’s Akito’s right to do whatever she wants. That’s why it’s all gotta burn. I do not want an Akito redemption arc. I don’t care how sad it might be. Not interested. Burn it all down!
What have you learnt?
Akito is a fantastic character… haha, bet you never thought I’d say that. In the sense of memorable characters that can elicit emotional responses, Akito is a god. She’s right up there with Joffrey Baratheon from A Game of Thrones. The thing that makes characters great is not whether you like them. It’s whether they make you feel something. Their ability to make us experience a physiological response is the key.
This series has done an incredible job of showing us who Akito is and it’s not pretty. She is unrelenting in her belief that the zodiac members are her own personal playthings. Like a bunch of dolls, she can force them to have dinner with her, dress them up, even break them as she sees fit. So, we’ve seen her. We understand and I think that is where this series may go wrong.
Joffrey was a monster and we got to see him finally brought down when he was poisoned at his wedding. It was an epic moment and the response to it online was insane. After everything he did, it was the only way out. The audience needed to see him pay for his crimes and the same goes for Akito. The only problem is that I don’t think this series is gearing up for a revenge ending. If anything, we’re probably looking at a happily-ever-after for everyone. I’m curious to see how this plays out, but I’m already concerned.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – See You After School
- Episode 2 – They’re All Animals!
- Episode 3 – Let’s Play Rich Man, Poor Man!
- Episode 4 – What Year Is She?
- Episode 5 – I’ve Been Fooling Myself
- Episode 6 – Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
- Episode 7 – Spring Comes
- Episode 8 – See You When You Get Back
- Episode 9 – Yuki Was My First Love
- Episode 10 – It’s Valentine’s, After All
- Episode 11 – This is a Wonderful Inn
- Episode 12 – You Look Like You’re Having Fun
- Episode 13 – How Have You Been, My Brother?
- Episode 14 – That’s a Secret
- Episode 15 – I Wouldn’t Say That
- Episode 16 – She Said Don’t Step on Them!
- Episode 17 – This Is for Uo-chan!
- Episode 18 – What’s Important Is…
- Episode 19 – I’m So Sorry!
- Episode 20 – I Can’t Believe You Picked It Up
- Episode 21 – I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight
- Episode 22 – Because I Was Happy
- Episode 23 – You Look Well…
- Episode 24 – Let’s Go Home
- Episode 25 – Summer Will Be Here Soon
- Season Two
- Episode 26 – Hello Again
- Episode 27 – Eat Somen with Your Friends
- Episode 28 – Shall We Go and Get You Changed?
- Episode 29 – I Got Dumped…
- Episode 30 – Wait for me, tororo soba!
- Episode 31 – Are you really this stupid?
- Episode 32 – Let’s Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest!
- Episode 33 – Well, It’s True
- Episode 34 – My Precious…
- Episode 35 – Who Are You?
- Episode 36 – All Mine
- Episode 37 – You Cried for Me
- Episode 38 – Sure Thing
- Episode 39 – I Should Just Die…
- Episode 40 – See You Later
- Episode 41 – Ask Him For Me
- Episode 42 – You Will, I’m Sure of It
- Episode 43 – Do You Wanna Kiss?
- Episode 44 – There’s Just No Way!
- Episode 45 – Are You Okay?
- Episode 46 – There Was, Definitely
- Episode 47 – That Isn’t What I Want
- Episode 48 – It’s Cinderella-ish
- Episode 49 – Here You Are
- Episode 50 – I’m Different Now
- Season Three
- Episode 51 – I’ll Hold Another Banquet
- Episode 52 – That’s an Unwavering Truth
- Episode 53 – I Hope It Snows Soon
- Episode 54 – I’m… Home.
- Episode 55 – I Mean… You Know, Right?
- Episode 56 – It Was So Foolish
- Episode 57 – That’s Right, It’s Empty
- Episode 58 – I’m Disappointed in You
- Episode 59 – What’s Your Name?
- Episode 60 – I Just Love Her
- Episode 61 – Goodbye
- Episode 62 – You Fought Well
- Episode 63 – See You Again Soon