Hibiki spent all that time working out and getting fit, well, why not share some of that positivity in an exercise video? Seriously, there are a lot of people that would benefit from an anime exercise video. A lot!
What’s going on?
Looks like it’s time for more crazy ideas, but this one might not be that crazy. Last summer, I watched and thoroughly enjoyed How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? It was a warm and positive experience with some great comedy and wonderful friendships. I miss it. I’m not going to lie, the world has not been the same without my weekly visit to Silverman’s Gym. I know I’m not the only one and I think this idea would certainly be a viable product… if anyone is listening?
What’s the pitch?
In an attempt to make Machio more mainstream and give him a chance to finally go up against his rival, Barnold Shortsinator has challenged Machio to make an exercise video. It seems like the perfect opportunity to help people get fit at home as well as at the gym. Now, if only Machio knew a group of fit and attractive girls to star in it… Obviously, Gina was listening in on the conversation and with her goals of becoming an idol, she instantly said that she would do it. Uehara and Akemi are both interested too and Hibiki is always game for a laugh. Of course, Soatomi isn’t too keen on the idea, but somehow gets convinced to take part, although she will have to wear a disguise.
With the help of Jason Sgatham and the Director from the talent show, they film a collection of different workouts at various locations around Japan. Occasionally, they are even able to convince a guest participant to join them. With the finished product coming in at ninety minutes long and including thirty different exercises, Machio accomplished Barnold’s challenge. Unknown to Machio however, Barnold also made an exercise video and they are releasing them head to head to see who will win!
Where did the inspiration come from?
What I’m proposing here isn’t actually a spin-off series, but an actual exercise video. Each episode of the series contained a couple of short workouts ranging from pushups to callisthenics and isometric exercises. They were fun to watch and great to do. What we need is more of these? Even better would be to have a number of different routines that cycle through different exercises in various ways. Who wouldn’t want to wake up early each morning to spend thirty minutes with the cast of How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? So, if the studio is listening, I have the money ready. Just make it happen! NICE BULK!
Other posts in the series
- Rin and Myura (Isekai Cheat Magician)
- Valkyrie (Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious)
- Susamaru (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Hinawa and Maki (Fire Force)
- The Exercise Video (How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?)
- Cain Madhouse (To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts)
- Shizuku (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest)
- Kohaku Lost? (Dr. Stone)
- Chio’s Daily Commute (Chio’s School Road)
- The Noob! (Overlord)
- Shizu (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
- Noir (Fruits Basket)
- Sniper of the Dead (Highschool of the Dead)
- Liu Xuelan (Darwin’s Game)
- Two Minds, One Body (The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?)
- Plundered (Plunderer)
- Japanese Mochi! (Fruits Basket)
- Pokemon NO! (Pokemon)
- Every Action! (Infinite Dendrogram)
- Hunted to the Ends! (Somali and the Forest Spirit)
- Is It Wrong to Use Sex to Try to Beat a Dungeon? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
- Two Blades (Jormungand)
- Regeneration (The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor)
- Samurai School for Girls (Project A-ko)
- Meet the Takagis (Highschool of the Dead)
- Far From Fantasy (High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World!)