I know DanMachi already had a spin-off series, but I think this is actually the series that everyone needs. It has a long title all of its own and taps into one of the hot anime topics of twenty-twenty – sex!
What’s going on?
Recently, I’ve tapped into the more recent anime seasons to come up with a spinoff, but this time I’m going to go back a little further… like a season or two, it’s not too crazy. I watched the first season of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? as a part of an A to Z Anime Challenge (and I plan on re-releasing all those reviews soon) and then covered season two as it aired (you can expect those reviews to make their way back into the world too). In season two, there was one character that really caught my eye and she even made it onto my Best Girl 2019 post. So, it’s about time I gave her a series of her own!
What’s the pitch?
It’s been several months since Ishtar was killed and her Familia was dispanded. Aisha Belka had a rough time with Ishtar, trying to save Haruhime and undermine her rules. So, it’s probably no surprise that she has never felt more free or alive since going off on her own. There have been some offers from other Familia’s but none that are willing to let Aisha be Aisha, so she’s set out on her own to defeat the dungeon in her own way. That’s right. She has a massive sword, incredible fighting skills, and all the sexual allure and charms that working under Ishtar taught her.
That’s right, Aisha is going to fight and screw her way to the top. This isn’t a going to be a story about guys having sex with prostitutes, it’s about a smoking hot Amazonian warrior taking control. She has the power, she always did. The only difference now is that she knows it. Those dungeon bosses better watch out and any adventurers that get in her way better have plenty of gold or fast feet!
Where did the inspiration come from?
Part of this comes from watching season two of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and how much I enjoyed Aisha as a character. She had just about the right amount of good and evil in her. In the end, once you’d broken down the exterior, she probably had more good than evil, but that’s neither here nor there. Aisha is awesome and I’d love to see this series.
Another thing that has prompted me to up this together is my recent experience watching Ishuzoku Reviewers. I found it funny that people would talk about how sex-positive it was, yet all of the prostitutes were no more than different body types. They had no real development or characterisation. Ultimately the series was about a bunch of guys. Well, I felt like I should turn the tables on that and make the girls the stars. After all, they were probably far more interesting characters anyway. If you’re interested, you can see my Ishuzoku Reviewers series review over on EcchiHunter.com.
Other posts in the series
- Rin and Myura (Isekai Cheat Magician)
- Valkyrie (Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious)
- Susamaru (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Hinawa and Maki (Fire Force)
- The Exercise Video (How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?)
- Cain Madhouse (To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts)
- Shizuku (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest)
- Kohaku Lost? (Dr. Stone)
- Chio’s Daily Commute (Chio’s School Road)
- The Noob! (Overlord)
- Shizu (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
- Noir (Fruits Basket)
- Sniper of the Dead (Highschool of the Dead)
- Liu Xuelan (Darwin’s Game)
- Two Minds, One Body (The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?)
- Plundered (Plunderer)
- Japanese Mochi! (Fruits Basket)
- Pokemon NO! (Pokemon)
- Every Action! (Infinite Dendrogram)
- Hunted to the Ends! (Somali and the Forest Spirit)
- Is It Wrong to Use Sex to Try to Beat a Dungeon? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
- Two Blades (Jormungand)
- Regeneration (The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor)
- Samurai School for Girls (Project A-ko)
- Meet the Takagis (Highschool of the Dead)
- Far From Fantasy (High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World!)