Have you ever watched an anime and thought that one of the characters could be you? I’ll bet you have. I’ll also bet there are other similarities you’ve noticed. Well, it’s time to talk about just that!
So, this is an incredibly new tag post and I was lucky enough to be nominated by the creator. That’s right Pinkie from Pinkie’s Paradise chose me… I hope you won’t feel like you wasted one of your wishes once this post is finished! Anyhow, Pinkie is quite devoted to her blog and really goes out of her way to include others. Some of my favourite posts of late have been the look into Uwe Boll films. Sure, it’s not anime, but I’m also a huge film buff and have unfortunately seen a lot of his films…
Anyhow, let’s get on with the post. I’ve got all sorts of things to reveal about myself through anime and who knows, some of it may even be true… Just kidding, I’ll attempt to be as real as possible without sounding too much like Issei Hyoudou!
As with all tag posts, there need to be some rules and here they are.
The Kore Wa Watashi Blog Award Rules
- The purpose of this tag is very simple! Describe yourself through anime! To do this you will answer all of the following questions:
- Describe a hobby or passion you have through an anime series! For example Shokugeki no Soma if you like cooking or Initial D if you like cars.
- Simplify yourself to an Anime Archetype (Tsundere, Dojiko, Shota, Shounen-Protagonist etc) don’t overthink what an archetype is, go with your gut. Name a character that is also that Archetype.
- Describe your looks through comparing it with anime characters, you can decide how many!
- Describe your romantic bias and or sexuality through anime characters you find attractive.
- Tell us about your day to day life and what anime that would fit into! You can be creative here!
- Describe your hopes and dreams through an anime character.
- After this is done you will tag 6 people to pass the tag onto! If you’re tagged for a second time you only have to tag 3 in your next post and 1 on your third attempt and should you so choose beyond. Tell us why you nominated these people!
- People who ask to be tagged should be added to your tag list with a link to their blog!
- Tell something nice about them as well.
- Remember to have fun with the tag and be proud of who you are, you are an amazing person and the fact that so many anime and anime characters share traits with you shows you are pretty breathtaking!
1. Describe a hobby or passion you have through an anime series!
Is there an anime series about a guy that watches too much anime? Probably not, that might be too meta! My hobbies and passions have changed a lot over the years so I’ll try to pick something more recent. I used to play a lot of rugby and football, I like to run, swim, and surf. Yet, ironically, I’ve not seen any anime with those elements as their main focus, even though I know many of those do exist. Through it all, however, has been my passion for writing and making up stories. Again, that might be too meta, so I’m just going to with my unadulterated love of zombies. So, it’s not surprising that I’m going to mention Highschool of the Dead – my favourite anime series.
2. Simplify yourself to an Anime Archetype
It has to be the kuudere. I’m a fairly quiet person most of the time, but it’s not because I’m afraid to talk. I tend to listen and watch and then when I have something meaningful to contribute I will. This puts me in the same group as Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan or D from Vampire Hunter D and that makes perfect sense to me. There’s a quote from Vampire Hunter D that has always stuck with me.
“My grandfather told me that there are two types of men that don’t have much to say. Men who are too busy planning something bad to have time to say much, and good men who think actions speak louder than words and only talk when they have something worth saying.“
3. Describe your looks through comparing it with anime characters
I probably look most like Taiju from Dr. Stone. I have short spikey brown hair, sideburns, and muscles. I’ll admit that my body fat levels are not nearly as impressive as his, but I am working on it.
4. Describe your romantic bias and or sexuality through anime characters you find attractive
There is only one waifu and her name is Saeko Busijima. Well, I say one… there are many, but Saeko is in a league of her own. Ultimately, I like strong women with a streak of danger. That probably explains General Esdeath and Boa Hancock also holding a special place in my heart. Even then, Saeko is number one for now and all time!
5. Tell us about your day to day life and what anime that would fit into!
You know, it’s that anime about a guy that works in an office by day, has a family, and writes books and blog posts at night when everyone else is asleep. I forget its name, but it’s probably very similar to the beginning section of most Isekai anime. Tired office worker pushing themselves too far to do everything that they want to do. That’s why I always look both ways before crossing the road. You never know when truck-kun is going to show up!
6. Describe your hopes and dreams through an anime character.
I’m going to try to keep this one fairly realistic as I’m not likely to find myself in a zombie apocalypse or piloting a mech through space. I will quite happily settle for making it as an author like my hero Shigure. Then, I can sit around the house in my kimono and make fun of awkward teenagers (probably my sons by that point), and also write books. I’m even prepared to follow in Shigure’s footsteps and write something trashy too, although I’ll use a pen name and no one will ever know it’s me…
- Alyssa at Als Manga Blog
- Asra Anime at Key of Knowledge
- EggheadLuna at EggheadLuna
- DerekL at Apprentice Mages Lounge
- Aizen_Kuro at It’severythinganime
- Yomu at Umai Yomu Anime Blog
And that is me in anime! I hope you’ve enjoyed this unusual view of my life. It’s been fun trying to think back to all the things that I really relate to while watching anime. Anyhow, that’s it for now and thanks for reading.
Other tag posts
- Once a Geek! (The Geeky Childhood Tag)
- Chronicling the Otaku Author! (Blogger Recognition Award)
- Well, this is Neat! (Real Neat Blog Award)
- How Bizarre! (Mystery Blogger Award)
- Grab your Shades! (The Sunshine Blogger Award)
- Length Matters! (Give it a Light Novel Title)
- Anime Favorites A-Z Challenge
- My Unpopular Anime Opinions (The Unpopular Opinions Tag)
- Even More Dazzling Radiance! (The Sunshine Blogger Award)
- Length Really Matters! (Give it a Light Novel Title 2)
- Twenty Questions!? (Let’s Blog Award)
- Friends to the End! (The Bubble Tag)
- Putting Me in Anime! (The Kore Wa Watashi Blog Award)