Well’s back from the dead… or the rumours of his death anyhow. He’s also about to be rewarded for his efforts and the value is so great that it’ll take the crown twenty-years to pay it!
Well was surprised to learn of the rumours of his death and decided to relocate his party to the Duke’s region. Away from the Capital, they should be all right to hunt monsters as they had originally planned. With the rumours and the realisation that some people don’t like him, Well decides to hire someone to watch over his residence in the capital and bizarrely, it’s going to be the spear spinning guy, Roderich. As his first duty, Roderich tells Well he will get to the bottom of the rumours. There’s also someone following Well and spying on him. Maybe he’s not as safe as he thinks!
What did you think?
This series likes to go in little spurts of fast and slow and I think I’m starting to enjoy it. I mean, I liked the episode and I am appreciating the pacing variations. There are still times when I think it could have shown us more of the action, but that’s neither here nor there. I also can’t believe I’ve gone back to back episodes with someone accidentally acquiring a pair of panties… (see yesterday’s Tower of God post.) I probably shouldn’t be surprised, it is anime after all. Anyhow, I’m looking forward to next week when Well visits his older brother and we get to see the new party member Vilma in action. I just hope they’ve fed her!
What have you learnt?
I’m quite enjoying the running gag in this series where Well just seems to get more and more successful and is continuously surprised by it. The funniest part is that all he wants to do is hunt monsters with his friends. He started on this journey because of Alfred who told him about becoming an adventurer. Who knew he’d end up as the most powerful mage and one of the wealthiest people in the kingdom? Sometimes, I think you can try too hard to put comedy into stories, but a simple gag like this that you can build on and build on works quite well, especially as it allows for other things to happen before accidentally piling more success on.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?
- Episode 2 – A Succession Dispute? Are You Kidding Me?
- Episode 3 – A Loner? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 4 – Obligations? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 5 – Political Marriage? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 6 – A Bullet Tour? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 7 – No Magic? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 8 – Presumed Dead? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 9 – People Hate Me? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 10 – Toxic? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 11 – Between a Rock and a Hard Place? Are You Kidding Me?!
- Episode 12 – The 8th Son? I Guess That’s Not So Bad!
- Bonus Posts