Hello productivity, my old friend, I’ve come to talk to you again! That’s right, even in the midst of all this chaos and unpredictability, I have managed to get some work done. I know. I’m as shocked as you!
May 3, 2021
In last week’s update, I mentioned that I was going to try a system where I would rotate through several of my projects on a daily basis. Admittedly, the dream is to work on all four each day which didn’t exactly happen. However, I did more of some and less of the others. So, to recap, I was aiming to schedule a blog post, plot a chapter, write a chapter, and edit a chapter every day. All from different projects.
The first section is to schedule a blog post. To keep up with my weekly routine, I need to complete eight in a week. This week, I scheduled nine. Obviously, that is one more than required which is great because it means I am working away in the future. Admittedly, some of those posts were for June and July. With the shows I’m covering, there are some that I can only write the week of the post and others that I can work ahead at my own pace.
Now on to plotting. I got nothing. Sure, I thought about a lot of things and had a few great ideas, but I didn’t get any of it down in a manner that I would call a plotted chapter. It’s certainly not the end of the world with this section, as I can easily plot fifteen chapters in one sitting when I have the time. Just waiting for that magic block to open up for me.
That brings us to writing a chapter. This is for the paranormal rom-com that I started in NaNoWriMo in 2020. Sadly, I also have not completed any work on this project. Again, lots of thinking and running through scenes in my head, but nothing made it to the keyboard.
So, by now, it’s sounding like a regular week compared to previous ones, however, we now find ourselves discussing editing. That’s right… I did some editing of the Black Death. I actually got through fourteen chapters which was pretty impressive, especially as some required complete rewrites to make them work with the new timeline and others needed a couple of tweaks. Either way, it was good to get that chunk done. There are a couple more scenes to work on for book one and then, I can move onto the second book.
As usual, the day job has been intense and with a number of retirements announced, I don’t see it letting up any time soon. I have, however, got through the main piece of work that was taking up a lot of my time. I build databases to automate reporting and this one was one that I had inherited that needed to be completely rebuilt, especially if I’m to ever hand it off to someone else.
With that out of the way, I may actually get some downtime before the next monthly reporting cycle which takes up two to three weeks or every four weeks. Of course, I’m still doing virtual school with my son and there’s no sign of that ending, so that’s pretty much a constant now and at least I can try to factor that into my plan.
Looking at my schedule for the blog, Record of Grancrest War has three more episodes and a full season review while KonoSuba has a season review, an OVA, and a movie to come. This week I will watch and review episode 5 of the final season of Fruits Basket. So, far it’s been as good as the two previous seasons and I can’t wait to see how it all ends.
Of course, I mentioned that I have been working on posts for June and July and that would be a couple of new shows. The first one I started is The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter which I will be reviewing for Ecchi Hunter and the other is Otherside Picnic which I will cover here. I’m enjoying both so far, but Otherside Picnic is forcing me to watch all of the episodes before I can go back to the Hidden Dungeon.
So, this past week was a win for blogging and editing. I will try to keep those two ticking over while getting writing and plotting to move. I’m confident that I can do it, and if it takes a couple of weeks to really get things motoring, then so be it. I’m moving in the right direction. Just got to keep it going. Anyhow, thanks for reading, stay safe, and be productive!