We’re rolling in the awards now! This time it’s to reflect the positive radiance that this blog produces… or maybe, if you stare too long you might go blind! Either way, it’s always nice to get noticed.
For this nomination and set of questions, I have 9 Tailed Kitsune to thank. They provide some great lists looking at shows similar to one another and even information based on the demographics of anime viewers. I bet you’ll find a whole bunch of shows to add to your to-watch-list. So, thanks again, 9 Tailed Kitsune.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site
The Questions from 9 Tailed Kitsune
1. What is your favourite anime meal and why? (just by looking at it, you don’t have to like it in reality)
I love eggs and as soon as I saw Tanjiro sitting down with his bowl of udon, I knew that I needed to have some. Then, he dropped it on the floor and I was distraught. Luckily, Tanjiro came back after having a brief run-in with Muzan Kibutsuji and ordered two bowls. I was sure one of those was for me… Hang on! You’re not going to eat both of those…
2. What is the best anime OST you have ever heard?
This is a tough one and I’m going to cheat by selecting three… The first I’m going to mention is Akira, which is a masterpiece with a crazy mix of sounds and music. It even uses throat singing at one point. For my next selection, I would like to put the spotlight on El Cazador de la Bruja which has a great soundtrack. It’s set in Central and South America and has a real Spanish flair to it. Finally is a soundtrack I like to write to, and that is Claymore. It’s ideal for writing up-tempo action.
3. Pick three anime characters who are in your opinion the most annoying (and state why).
Raki from Claymore is such a whiney character that he’s almost unbearable. I’ve read the manga too and he’s just as bad. He is infuriating. Next is Ernesti Echavalier from Knight’s & Magic. He’s just too wonderful and nothing remotely bad or dangerous ever seems to happen. This kid is too perfect and it’s annoying. For my third choice, I’m selecting Dr. Hogback from One Piece. Everyone is One Piece seems to have a signature sound and I find Hogback’s to be particularly annoying.
4. What anime would also make a good ecchi? e.g. Naruto (and why/how)?
I’m going to pick One Piece. It has some great looking characters and who doesn’t want nine-hundred plus episodes of ecchi? I know there’s already a fair amount of fan-service in One Piece, but let’s go all out and fully embrace it.
5. Do you find fanservice helpful or “hurtful”?
Usually, I love it. It doesn’t bother me at all and I notice plenty of odd angles of the guys as well as the girls. There are, however, times when I don’t think it works. The one that instantly springs to mind was Magical Girl Spec Ops: Asuka where the mix of violence and torture combined with some sort of sexual bondage really didn’t work for me. It pulled me out of the story and made a mockery of the actual good work it was doing looking at post traumatic stress.
6. Have you ever met a person who told you that anime is for kids? What did you tell them?
No. I can’t say that I have. I’ve always been a bit of an oddity in that I crossed a lot of different groups in school. I played a lot of sport and am fairly large, which probably makes people automatically assume that I wouldn’t be into anime or anything nerd culture, so I rarely get the chance to say anything about it, especially as I don’t tend to just bring up stuff about myself without being prompted.
7. How many friends of yours watch anime as well?
I have online friends and author friends that enjoy anime, but very few in real life…
8. Have you ever played an otome game? If yes, what game was it and did you like it?
I have not and I even had to Google what an otome game was. If anyone has any recommendations, I’ll certainly check one out.
9. Is there any anime that you love despite everyone else seemingly hating it?
The main one I can think of is Akame ga Kill. I know it has its fans, but the majority of reviews and discussions I’ve seen online really don’t look at it very favourably. That’s part of the reason for me doing my big series of posts on it, but also because I really enjoyed it and wanted to shed some light on why I think it works and what I think others are missing out on.
10. What do you think of the harem/reverse harem genre?
I’m a big fan of harem anime and enjoy the usual mix of comedy and fan-service. With regards to reverse harem, I haven’t really seen many, but wouldn’t be opposed to watching some. It’s certainly not an idea that I find offensive.
11. Pick your three favourite anime characters and choose to marry/kiss/kill them.
- Marry – Saeko Busijima from Highschool of the Dead. That one was obvious, really.
- Kiss – Rias Gremory from High School DxD. I mean, this one seems like a no brainer, too!
- Kill – Esdeath from Akame ga Kill. Only because, she’s kind of a little crazy and into torture, but otherwise, she’s super sweet!
And now for my Nominations!
- TCrow at www.crowsworldofanime.com
- Karandi at 100 Word Anime
- Irina at I drink and watch anime
- Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews
- Megan Marie at A Geeky Gal
- Chris Joynson at Never Argue with a Fish
- Dez Polycarpe at SAE With a K
- Pinkie at Pinkie’s Paradise
- Merlin at Merlin’s Musings
- David at Another Anime Review
- Yomu at Umai Yomu Anime Blog
And your questions are…
- If you could see one anime again for the first time, what would it be and why?
- If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
- If you could be any supernatural creature, what would you be and why?
- If you had a time machine, would go back in time or into the future?
- If you could add a word to the dictionary what would you add and what would it mean?
- If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
- If extraterrestrials landed on earth and offered to take you with them, would you go?
- If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
- What would the title of your autobiography be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
- The zombie apocalypse is coming, who are the three anime characters you want on your team?
Thanks for reading my responses to 9 Tailed Kitsune’s questions. There were some tough ones to answer for sure and I think I even surprised myself!
Other Tag Posts
- Once a Geek! (The Geeky Childhood Tag)
- Chronicling the Otaku Author! (Blogger Recognition Award)
- Well, this is Neat! (Real Neat Blog Award)
- How Bizarre! (Mystery Blogger Award)
- Grab your Shades! (The Sunshine Blogger Award)
- Length Matters! (Give it a Light Novel Title)
- Anime Favorites A-Z Challenge
- My Unpopular Anime Opinions (The Unpopular Opinions Tag)
- Even More Dazzling Radiance! (The Sunshine Blogger Award)
- Length Really Matters! (Give it a Light Novel Title 2)
- Twenty Questions!? (Let’s Blog Award)
- Friends to the End! (The Bubble Tag)
- Putting Me in Anime! (The Kore Wa Watashi Blog Award)