So, in continuing my streak of tag posts, I now find myself staring down the barrel of the Let’s Blog Award where I have to answer ten questions from Eggsandwich04 and then another ten from myself…
Let’s Blog Award
One thing that has always bothered me about these posts is that I’ll send out some pretty interesting questions and get a little jealous of the bloggers I’ve tagged that get to answer them. Well, this tag takes care of that because I also have to answer them. Don’t believe me, check the rules. It’s right there!
- Mention the creator of the award and the blogger who nominated you.
- Copy-paste the rules.
- Answer the 10 questions sent by the nominator.
- Write your 10 questions for the nominees.
- Nominate 5 bloggers for this award and let them know via comment on one of their posts.
- Keep the thumbnail as the thumbnail of this post.
- Answer your own questions.
See, I told you so. Anyhow, I had better thank Eggsandwich04 for the nomination. So, thanks, and keep up the good work. You’re exploding all over the blogosphere. I can certainly admire your work ethic. I also need to mention Renee at Renee’s Corner for creating this award and finally giving me the chance to answer my own questions!
All that’s left now is to get on with the questions. There are twenty questions, so I will try to keep my answers succinct. I’ll be starting with Eggsandwich04’s questions, of course. Let’s do this!
1. Name three songs you recently discovered.
I used to listen to a wide range of music, but now it’s mostly anime OPs and EDs… So, I’ll just give you my three favourites at the moment.
First up is “Altern-ate-” by H-el-ical// which is the OP for Gleipnir which I am also loving.
Second is the OP for Deca-Dence – “Theater of Life” by Konomi Suzuki. I’m having a bit of a love/hate relationship with this show, but the OP is awesome.
And finally, it’s a bit of an older one, but I still can’t get this song out of my head. Plus it’s by MYTH & ROID! It is, of course, TIT FOR TAT from Cautious Hero.
2. What’s one thing you don’t like about yourself?
I don’t like how weak my ankles have become after years of playing sport. If only I could go back and tell myself to do yoga and really focus on strengthening and increasing the flexibility of my joints.
3. Name one thing you like about your blog.
I love that people actually comment on my posts, other than that I love the theme, but I didn’t really have much to do with that other than a little bit of customisation.
4. One thing you want to improve in.
I’m very much an ideas person. They come at me thick and fast and often derail whatever idea I had been previously working on. I need to start finishing these projects before moving on to the next shiny new idea.
5. What TV show/anime you could watch over and over again?
This probably isn’t much of a surprise, but it’s Highschool of the Dead. I love that show and am always surprised by just how well made it is. I have some plans for some future posts to fully explain what I mean and I think they will surprise some people.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully in Japan for the premiere of an anime series based on one of my books. Honestly, I couldn’t say. In the last ten years, I’ve lived in England, New Zealand, and Canada, so I dare not predict anything too serious. Still, seeing something I’ve written turned into an anime is the long goal.
7. Your most desired place to go.
At some point, I absolutely will go to Japan. It’s been on my bucket list since I was a teenager. Other than that, New Zealand is my favourite place in the world, so I would love to go back.
8. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Technically, I could change my name, although I have no intention of doing so. My name is fairly unique and has caused me lots of issues and got me into embarrassing situations, but I wouldn’t change it.
9. If you’re an actor, which one movie would you like to play?
I’m not an actor and have no interest in being one, but if I was, I’d want to be in Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I’d be quite happy being an extra in a zombie movie too.
10. Name one fictional character that resembles you the most.
That would be Wolverine. I’m taller than Wolverine, but we both have the same problem with crazy hair. He definitely copied my sideburns. We both have a similar temperament too. Wolverine wins with the regenerative mutation though. I’d love to have that and sort my bloody ankles out.
And Now for My Questions
1. Where would you dream house/apartment be?
Mine would be a beach house on Piha beach in New Zealand. It is my absolute favourite place in the world and I can’t think of anything better than waking up to see the surf crashing from my window.
2. If you could have any fictional vehicle, what are you choosing?
I would take the rocket booster from The Saga of Tanya the Evil. Presumably, that comes with the magical abilities to use it, otherwise, it would be less of a vehicle and more a fancy looking doorstop.
3. Who is your favourite fictional robot?
It’s not good to answer a question with a question, so I’m just going to assume that an Angeloid counts as a robot. So, with that in mind, I will be selecting Astrea from Heaven’s Lost Property.
4. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of immortality. Sure, it’s going to suck seeing everyone you ever know fading away before you, but just think of all the amazing things you would see too.
5. Who is your number one waifu/husbando?
That’s an easy one. It’s, obviously, Saeko Busijima from Highschool of the Dead.
6. Who is your favourite villain?
Ooo! Another easy one. There are lots of great villains in fiction, but General Esdeath from Akame ga Kill is in a league of her own. Not only is she terrifyingly powerful, but she’s also stunning. That’s not an important quality when it comes to villains, although I think it juxtaposes her dark and sinister beliefs.
7. Which fictional character would be your ideal best friend?
This would have to be Roronoa Zoro from One Piece. We both have a fairly dry sense of humour and are insanely determined. He has no sense of direction and I have an incredible sense of direction. We were practically made for one another.
8. What is the one fictional world you would be terrified to visit?
I don’t think I would be terrified to visit any fictional world, although the world of Attack on Titan would be quite a crazy experience. Those titans are just so brilliantly creepy. I certainly wouldn’t want to stay there for long, but I feel like I’d need to see it and have a go with the vertical manoeuvring gear.
9. The Catch! There’s always a catch.
You’ve just received a letter in the post. I know, how oldfashioned. Anyhow, the letter tells you that you’ve won a massive prize. You’re getting your house from question one along with your answers to questions two, three, and four. Sounds great so far. Well, hang on. You are now living with your favourite waifu/husbando, favourite villain, and new best friend. That might not be so bad, but there’s more. In the basement of your new house is a portal to your answer to question eight! Every night when the sun goes down, you and your new roommates are transported to that world. You’ll be teleported back at sunrise… providing you’re still alive!
10. Who are things looking for you now?
Honestly, I’m not feeling too worried. With my rocket booster, I should be able to avoid titans indefinitely. Esdeath can freeze any that do get too close while, Zoro, Saeko, and Astrea can cut them down to size. I’m not sure how my immortality would cope with being eaten by a titan! Maybe, I should have chosen invincibility…
So, admittedly, question nine isn’t really a question, but there’s more than enough to think about with this tag anyhow. I appreciate that this is a crazy long post and if you’ve made it this far, I would like to thank you for putting up with this madness. I’m going to nominate five bloggers now as the tag suggests, but if you’d like to play along, let me know how you get on in the comments.
- Terrance Crow at Crow’s World of Anime
- Ospreyshire at C. M. B. Bell’s Writing Universe
- Chris Joynson at Never Argue with a Fish
- Ashley Capes at The Review Heap
- Yomu at Umai Yomu Anime Blog
Other posts in the series
- Once a Geek! (The Geeky Childhood Tag)
- Chronicling the Otaku Author! (Blogger Recognition Award)
- Well, this is Neat! (Real Neat Blog Award)
- How Bizarre! (Mystery Blogger Award)
- Grab your Shades! (The Sunshine Blogger Award)
- Length Matters! (Give it a Light Novel Title)
- Anime Favorites A-Z Challenge
- My Unpopular Anime Opinions (The Unpopular Opinions Tag)
- Even More Dazzling Radiance! (The Sunshine Blogger Award)
- Length Really Matters! (Give it a Light Novel Title 2)
- Twenty Questions!? (Let’s Blog Award)
- Friends to the End! (The Bubble Tag)
- Putting Me in Anime! (The Kore Wa Watashi Blog Award)