If you love Akame ga Kill, you’re going to want to join me as I dive in and explore its story elements. However, if you don’t, why not come and see what I find anyway. You might learn something new.
Akame ga Kill! (Introduction)
What are you doing?
Well, as a part of my switch to the Otaku Author, I decided that I really need to look at some of my favourite anime and work out what it is that I liked and what I can build on. The first series that I have chosen to revisit is Akame ga Kill. From my interactions with the anime community, this series seems to be fairly polarising. Either you love it or you hate it. I fall into the first camp and am a huge fan having read the manga and watched the anime.
Over the coming weeks, I’m going to examine each episode and book as I work my way through the story. I’ll be comparing the differences between the manga and the anime to offer up some opinions on which one worked better. Of course, I will be highlighting certain storytelling methods and devices from each one and hopefully, justifying why this is one of my favourites.
Of course. Once I’ve looked into all twenty-four episodes of the anime and all fifteen volumes of the manga, I’m going to focus on some of the characters. This will be a good exercise in developing character charts and should you wish to write your own stories, it will help you think about the details that need to go into their development. Ultimately, I’m doing all of this to improve my storytelling craft, but if I help anyone else that will be a massive bonus.
Anyhow, I hope you’ll join me for the ride. It’s going to be a fairly long one, but I think there’s a lot of useful information to be extracted from Akame ga Kill. Stories don’t tend to resonate with me on such a level if they don’t. I will be posting these on alternating days, so I look forward to seeing you back in two days, ready to learn all about Akame ga Kill.
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Kill the Darkness
- Episode 2 – Kill the Authority
- Episode 3 – Kill Your Cares
- Episode 4 – Kill the Imperial Arms User
- Episode 5 – Kill the Empty Dream
- Episode 6 – Kill the Absolute Justice
- Episode 7 – Kill the Three Beasts – Part One
- Episode 8 – Kill the Three Beasts – Part Two
- Episode 9 – Kill the Lust for Combat
- Episode 10 – Kill the Seduction
- Episode 11 – Kill the Mad Scientist
- Episode 12 – Kill the New Recruits
- Episode 13 – Kill the Hindrance
- Episode 14 – Kill the Giant Dangerous Beast
- Episode 15 – Kill the Religion
- Episode 16 – Kill the Dolls
- Episode 17 – Kill the Curse
- Episode 18 – Kill the Demons
- Episode 19 – Kill the Fate
- Episode 20 – Kill the Pandemonium
- Episode 21 – Kill the Despair
- Episode 22 – Kill the Little Sister
- Episode 23 – Kill the Emperor
- Episode 24 – Akame ga Kill!
- Volume 1
- Volume 2
- Volume 3
- Volume 4
- Volume 5
- Volume 6
- Volume 7
- Volume 8
- Volume 9
- Volume 10
- Volume 11
- Volume 12
- Volume 13
- Volume 14
- Volume 15