Nezuko has come out to play! When Tanjiro was close to death, she emerged and gave Daki a beating she’ll never forget. She goes to finish it, however, the smell of blood may yet corrupt her!
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen (Episode 7) – Transformation
Nezuko destroyed Daki’s head, but she quickly regenerated and when Nezuko attacked again, she was sliced into pieces. However, Daki hadn’t counted on Nezuko’s ability to regenerate almost instantaneously. What’s more, Nezuko was furious about what Daki did to Tanjiro and she was ready to stomp on her until she literally gave up on life. Daki tried to fight back, but all that did was spill Nezuko’s blood which gave her a chance to use her Blood Art attack.
Daki howled as the fire burned her. Then, Nezuko slammed her through several buildings. She was about to follow and finish things off when she caught the scent of fresh blood. Already crazed, Nezuko couldn’t resist. Luckily, Tanjiro was able to get to her just in time. He held her back, his sword wedged between her teeth as she tried to eat the human.
Daki reappeared and she was mad. Now that Tanjiro and Nezuko were predisposed, she was going to have an easy time killing them both. Tengen arrived just as she was about to attack and told Tanjiro to get Nezuko under control. Do something unflashy such as sing her a lullaby or something! Tanjiro did and it worked. Meanwhile, Daki tried to convince Tengen that she was an Upper Six demon, but he didn’t believe her. After all, he’d already cut off her head… So, why wasn’t she dying?
What did you think?
I felt a little sorry for Daki when she was trying to tell Tengen that she was an Upper Six. It was obvious that she wasn’t dead, but I was surprised to see another demon literally climb out of her body and then dodge Tengen’s attack as if it was nothing. I’m going to assume that Daki and Gyuutarou are twins and were turned together. While she is a fairly spectacular-looking demon, he is brilliantly creepy, especially the way he seems to nervously rip at his own flesh.
It was good that they tried to give us a reason why Nezuko is held out of the fights, but it felt like an afterthought. If we had seen an example earlier of her losing control in front of blood then this would have been a nice refresher. However, she managed to resist when she was facing the Hashira that tried to tempt her at the end of last season. It’s definitely a good idea to give someone so powerful a serious flaw. Otherwise, it would get quite boring. I still feel like we need more from Nezuko though.
What have you learnt?
Inosuke hasn’t even joined the fight yet and he’s still been one of the more interesting characters. He stepped between Zenitsu and Tanjiro when Tanjiro was about to question why Zenitsu is asleep. Inosuke knows he’s more useful like this and doesn’t want to do anything to change that. I love the way he refers to Tengen as the God of Festivals and himself as the Lord of Mountains. I’m looking forward to him getting involved proper, but he’s still been entertaining.
Seeing Inosuke, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu has reminded me why we’re following them and not someone like Tengen. Sure, Tengen is flashy and incredibly strong, but that’s the problem. He makes for an interesting side character, but as a lead, I think he would quickly become boring. He’s already at the top of his game whereas the others are working their way up. Seeing them grow and overcome obstacles is far more entertaining. Hopefully, it will be one of them that finishes this fight and not Tengen. I want to see them succeed. And Zenitsu to stay fast asleep!
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Cruelty
- Episode 2 – Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki
- Episode 3 – Sabito and Makomo
- Episode 4 – Final Selection
- Episode 5 – My Own Steel
- Episode 6 – Swordsman Accompanying a Demon
- Episode 7 – Muzan Kibutsuji
- Episode 8 – The Smell of Enchanting Blood
- Episode 9 – Temari Demon and Arrow Demon
- Episode 10 – Together Forever
- Episode 11 – Tsuzumi Mansion
- Episode 12 – The Boar Bares Its Fangs, Zenitsu Sleeps
- Episode 13 – Something More Important Than Life
- Episode 14 – The House with the Wisteria Family Crest
- Episode 15 – Mount Natagumo
- Episode 16 – Letting Someone Else Go First
- Episode 17 – You Must Master a Single Thing
- Episode 18 – A Forged Bond
- Episode 19 – Hinokami
- Episode 20 – Pretend Family
- Episode 21 – Against Corps Rules
- Episode 22 – Master of the Mansion
- Episode 23 – Hashira Meeting
- Episode 24 – Rehabilitation Training
- Episode 25 – Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri
- Episode 26 – New Mission
- Season Two – Yuukaku-hen
- Episode 1 – Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui
- Episode 2 – Infiltrating the Entertainment District
- Episode 3 – What Are You?
- Episode 4 – Tonight
- Episode 5 – Things Are Gonna Get Real Flashy!
- Episode 6 – Layered Memories
- Episode 7 – Transformation
- Episode 8 – Gathering
- Episode 9 – Defeating an Upper Rank Demon
- Episode 10 – Never Give Up
- Episode 11 – No Matter How Many Lives
- Season Three – Katanakaji no Sato-hen
- Season One
- Bonus Posts