Wakana Gojo comes home to find that his grandpa let a girl use their bath, but Marin isn’t coming over till later. Who is this person? What if they are trying to take advantage of his grandpa? He can’t stand back and let that happen!
My Dress-Up Darling (Volume 3) – Would You Do a Group Cosplay With Me?
Gojo bursts into the bathroom and finds a girl towelling herself down after getting out of the bath. He’s stunned. She’s equally as surprised. She stumbled and fell over, revealing everything to Gojo. After a lot of apologising, Gojo finally asked her who she was and what she was doing there. She told him that she wanted to see the costumes he’s made. Thinking she meant the Hina dolls, he takes her on a tour of the shop. He learns that Sajuna Inui is a year older than him and goes to an all-girls school. He also learns that she isn’t interested in Hina dolls. She wants to see the cosplay costumes.
That caught him off-guard. How did she know he made cosplay costumes? She showed him the pictures from Marine’s online account. But how did she know he made them? She revealed that she was at the convention to see the costume and then followed him home… Either way, she wants him to make her a costume. While she’s there, Marin arrives and is stunned to see that the famous cosplayer, Juju is in Wakana’s house. And that she wants to cosplay a character from Marin’s favourite anime. Marin asks if she would like to do a group cosplay, but Sajuna shoots her down instantly.
Marin laughs it off and then apologises for suggesting it, but then Sajuna considers the costs of the studio and decides that she will do it as a one-off. Gojo agrees to make her costume and one for Marin in the process. But first, he needs to see the anime. Luckily, Marin has the boxed set and is prepared to lend it to him. However, when he comes over to pick it up, one thing leads to another and he ends up staying there to watch it. Luckily, there are only one-hundred and twenty-six episodes…
What did you think?
I absolutely love this series. Marin is the literal personification of acceptance. She loves that other people have their goals and thoughts on things. She didn’t even bat an eyelid when Sajuna initially turned her down. I can’t get enough Marin in my life. Some of my favourite moments were in this volume, including Marin’s reaction to Wakana discovering how much a camera costs, and realising she was having a stay-at-home date with Wakana (even though he didn’t realise). Her reaction on the beach after asking him to do things with her all summer was priceless. Marin must be cherished and worshipped. Hopefully, Wakana is up to the task!
Then we had the moment where Wakana’s grandpa was inspecting his latest work and commented that he was improving. He noted that it was probably due to the work he did with Marin. He recommended doing more things and expanding his horizons. This is such a true statement. I remember a quote from a science fiction author who said that if you want to write science fiction you should read more genres. The implication is that if you want to write science fiction you’ve probably already read enough and now you need to expand your reading. I live and preach this with the way I bounce from genre to genre in anime and manga. There are so many amazing stories that I would have missed had I stuck to my favourite genre. This series is one of them.
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Someone Who Lives in the Exact Opposite World as Me
- Episode 2 – Wanna Hurry Up, and Do It?
- Episode 3 – Then Why Don’t We?
- Episode 4 – Are These Your Girlfriend’s?
- Episode 5 – It’s Probably Because This Is the Best Boob Bag Here
- Episode 6 – For Real?!
- Episode 7 – A Home Date with the Guy I Wuv Is the Best
- Episode 8 – Backlighting Is the Best
- Episode 9 – A Lot Happened After I Saw That Photo
- Episode 10 – We’ve All Got Struggles
- Episode 11 – I Am Currently at a Love Hotel
- Episode 12 – My Dress-Up Darling
- Bonus Posts
- Season One
- Volume 1 – I Don’t Suppose You’d Make My Cosplay?!
- Volume 2 – Do I Make a Proper Sex Slave?
- Volume 3 – Would You Do a Group Cosplay With Me?
- Volume 4 – A “B-holder”…
- Volume 5 – Turns Out… It’s a Love Hotel!
- Volume 6 – Once You Form Assumptions…
- Volume 7 – Is This Your First Time at a Host Club, Princess?
- Volume 8 – Won’t You Make Me Number One?
- Volume 9 – I’ll Eat It When I Get Home!
- Volume 10 – Because I Don’t Intend to Sleep Tonight