Wakana Gojo put the finishing touches to Marin and Sajuna’s costumes and sent them off to the shoot. He would be along shortly as he had a secret project to complete. They won’t believe their eyes!
My Dress-Up Darling (Volume 4) – A “B-holder”…
Gojo spent some time at the fabric store discussing potential materials for the costumes for Marin and Sajuna. The store clerk may have got the wrong idea when Gojo showed him the design. He thought that Gojo was going to wear the costume himself, but he managed to keep it together and help him find the perfect material. With everything he needed, he headed home to start work on the actual dresses. Marin arrived to help, but she may have derailed things when she excitedly showed off the high-waisted swimsuit she bought for the costume… that she was currently wearing…
Sometime later, Sajuna came over to Gojo’s house to try on her costume. Marin already had hers on and was gushing over Sajuna’s costume. Then, Gojo helped Marin with her makeup and used some face tape to give her the right look. Marin almost died when she saw how she looked. She wanted to go do the photoshoot that instant but had to wait a couple of days. When the time finally, came Sajuna and Marin were waiting in the abandoned hotel while the rain lashed down outside. They were starting to worry about where Shinju had gotten to, but then Soma-Onii-chan from Flower Princess Blaze walked in.
While Gojo was making their costumes, he had spoken to Shinju in private about her desire to cosplay too. She revealed that she was afraid that it would upset Sajuna and since she was in middle school, she didn’t have much of a budget. Gojo was determined to make it happen for her, even if there were a couple of fairly obvious problems to overcome. Shinju wanted to cosplay as a guy and she doesn’t have the body for it. Luckily, they discovered the B-holder and it wasn’t that expensive. Shinju got dressed and walked into the photo shoot, equal parts anxious and excited. What would Sajuna think?
What did you think?
Did I mention that I love this series? Not only has Marin had an impact on Gojo and how he sees himself, but he’s been able to take that knowledge and use it to help others. He could tell that Shinju wanted to cosplay and when he realised she had a very limited budget, he was determined to find a way to do it anyway. It just goes to show that you can cosplay on a budget. I think that’s a fairly important thing for this series to get in there. Not everyone has access to a Gojo so showing that it is possible to do without the money or expertise is a nice touch from Shinichi Fukuda. I love how inclusive she’s made this series.
On top of that, the feel-good factor when you see what he did for Shinju and how much Sajuna was grateful was spectacular. I loved that Gojo was prepared to waive the costs of putting the costume together for Shinju and that Sajuna was insistent that she would cover it. And then, there were the images of Marin dressed as Black Lobelia was incredible. This series is also hilarious. It’s impossible to not laugh when you see Marin burst into fits of laughter or do something ridiculous like flashing Gojo her swimsuit. They are such an odd couple that it makes every interaction that much more entertaining. And, it’s remarkably honest about how they would both feel about these interactions.
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Someone Who Lives in the Exact Opposite World as Me
- Episode 2 – Wanna Hurry Up, and Do It?
- Episode 3 – Then Why Don’t We?
- Episode 4 – Are These Your Girlfriend’s?
- Episode 5 – It’s Probably Because This Is the Best Boob Bag Here
- Episode 6 – For Real?!
- Episode 7 – A Home Date with the Guy I Wuv Is the Best
- Episode 8 – Backlighting Is the Best
- Episode 9 – A Lot Happened After I Saw That Photo
- Episode 10 – We’ve All Got Struggles
- Episode 11 – I Am Currently at a Love Hotel
- Episode 12 – My Dress-Up Darling
- Bonus Posts
- Season One
- Volume 1 – I Don’t Suppose You’d Make My Cosplay?!
- Volume 2 – Do I Make a Proper Sex Slave?
- Volume 3 – Would You Do a Group Cosplay With Me?
- Volume 4 – A “B-holder”…
- Volume 5 – Turns Out… It’s a Love Hotel!
- Volume 6 – Once You Form Assumptions…
- Volume 7 – Is This Your First Time at a Host Club, Princess?
- Volume 8 – Won’t You Make Me Number One?
- Volume 9 – I’ll Eat It When I Get Home!
- Volume 10 – Because I Don’t Intend to Sleep Tonight