Bell is the decoy, but what will he do if Loki Familia don’t take the bait? Luckily, Hermes has decided to get involved and, of course, he does it in his own special way. And Bell thought his night was going to tough to begin with!
Eina was starting to worry that Bell had not been to visit her at the guild since she slapped him after the Daedalus Street incident. After terrifying the clientele, she decided to go out and find Bell. Before long, however, she bumped into Hermes who offered to tell her where Bell was if she could do something for him.
Bell took the streets and attempted to lure the Loki Familia away from the route the Xeros were planning on using to escape back to the dungeon. However, Ais took up the task of watching Bell and that freed up everyone else to do other things. That’s when things got a little crazy for Bell. First, Naaza came to offer her assistance and no sooner had she gone, but Aisha and Ryu Lion showed up and began to fight over him… Then, just as Bell thought things would calm down, Eina found him. At this point, Ais was beginning to wonder if Bell was some sort of delinquent with all these women friends…
Liliruca managed to create an actual opening for the Xeros and confirmed which gates they knew about. With this information, the Xeros made their move, accompanied by Welf and Mikoto. However, they were attacked and Weine got separated. She reemerged from the sewers and bumped into Tiona. Bell and Haruhime are rushing to help, but will they make it in time?
What did you think?
I really enjoyed the humour in this episode with Bell being accosted by various characters while Ais watched on. It did strike me as odd that Ais would be so public about watching him. She didn’t even try to hide or be subtle. And that brings me to another point that bugged me. Surely, the Xeros would have been better off trying to get to the gate a little more stealthily than screaming into the night and then running as fast as they can! Liliruca had the right idea, but no one seemed to follow her lead.
Also, I presume that Welf made those invisiblity cloaks as he was given a standing ovation when he showed them off in the last episode, so could he have made some more maybe, or at least used them to ferry the Xeros to the gates in a quieter fashion? Otherwise, it was fun, but still not anywhere near as good as season one.
What have you learnt?
Here’s the thing. I went onto a DanMachi fandom wiki to verify the spelling or a character’s name and made a fairly startling discovery. I don’t think it’s something that could have been discovered naturally at this point, although I am willing to go back and check. Anyhow, I’m now sitting here, waiting for it to be revealed in the series so that I can talk about it. It’s eating me alive…
Anyhow, I don’t think there was much to learn from this episode. The foreshadowing of some things was rather hastily slammed into the last episode and as such felt a little too obvious. We also didn’t get any more information on Finn and why he is so determined to kill the monsters. I’d assume that Loki knows about the Xeros as all the other gods have been talking about them. Therefore, she must have zero control over her Familia. Does that make her Ikelos part two? It’s like Apollo and Ishtar all over again – the same story told twice.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- OVA One
- Season Two
- Episode 0 – Past & Future
- Episode 1 – Party | Banquet of the Gods
- Episode 2 – Apollo | Sun God
- Episode 3 – Conversion | Gathering
- Episode 4 – War Game | War Game
- Episode 5 – Home | The Hearthfire Mansion
- Episode 6 – Ishtar Familia | City of Lust
- Episode 7 – Renard | Fox Person
- Episode 8 – Ephemeral Dreams | Killing Stone
- Episode 9 – Berbera | War Prostitutes
- Episode 10 – Argonaut | Longing to Be a Hero
- Episode 11 – Rakia | Army’s Advance
- Episode 12 – Song of Love | Goddess and Child
- OVA Two
- Season Three
- Episode 1 – Wiene Dragon’s Daughter
- Episode 2 – Monster | One Wing
- Episode 3 – Xenos | Outliers
- Episode 4 – Aspiration | Distant Dream
- Episode 5 – Ikelos Familia | King of Atrocity
- Episode 6 – Knossos | Man-Made Labyrinth
- Episode 7 – Dix Perdix | The Dreams of Beasts
- Episode 8 – Bell Cranel | The Fool
- Episode 9 – Stigma | Downfall
- Episode 10 – Invisible | Forced Breakthrough
- Episode 11 – Ultra Soul | Decisive Battle
- Episode 12 – Argonaut | Hero’s Return
- OVA Three
- Bonus Posts