The Guild issues Bell Cranell and the Hestia Familia a compulsory mission to deliver the dragon girl to the Twentieth floor. They’ve never gone that deep before, so this is going to take everything they have.
With the whole of Orario in a panic after the sighting of a monster in the town, the Guild is struggling to contain the chaos. People want answers and they want it now. Eina is doing her best to settle the crowd, but then she’s pulled away to deliver a compulsory mission to Bell Cranell and the Hestia Familia. When Bell opens the letter he’s surprised to see just what he’s been assigned. The mission is fairly straightforward – take the dragon girl to the twentieth floor. But who knows about Weine?
Unfortunately, that doesn’t really matter as they are unable to refuse the mission, even though none of them has gone that far before. They all set off together and once they’re gone, Hestia follows the other instructions that were left on the letter, hidden from mortal eyes. She meets with Ouranos and asks him what is going on. He informs Hestia that her Familia is the hope that could unite the humans and the monsters. There is a secret group of sentient monsters that have been rejected by the dungeon and that is where Bell and the others are headed.
What did you think?
I really enjoyed this episode and while it was fairly obvious that the group of monsters on the twentieth floor were just testing Bell and the others, thanks OP for spoiling the surprise yet again, it was a lot of fun, especially after Bell hit Lyd with a pretty spectacular blow. Of course, Dix and his group will have followed them there and will be the main source of conflict for the next couple of episodes. I already feel like this season will be another two of three arc season, but I also wouldn’t mind this one taken a little longer. There’s certainly a lot more to cover with some monsters becoming sentient and what that means for the dungeon.
What have you learnt?
As much as I love the OPs for this series, both this season’s and last season’s have been chocked full of spoilers. Last season we knew that Hestia was going to get Apollo’s mansion because it was pretty much the focal point of the OP. So, this season, we see Bell fight alongside a group of monsters who all look suspiciously like the group that attacked them on the Twentieth floor, and then revealed that they were testing them. It’s starting to get annoying, especially as someone who enjoys the OPs and hates spoilers. It’s really lazy. Just put together some different footage or don’t include anything that could be a spoiler. Rant over… for now!
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- OVA One
- Season Two
- Episode 0 – Past & Future
- Episode 1 – Party | Banquet of the Gods
- Episode 2 – Apollo | Sun God
- Episode 3 – Conversion | Gathering
- Episode 4 – War Game | War Game
- Episode 5 – Home | The Hearthfire Mansion
- Episode 6 – Ishtar Familia | City of Lust
- Episode 7 – Renard | Fox Person
- Episode 8 – Ephemeral Dreams | Killing Stone
- Episode 9 – Berbera | War Prostitutes
- Episode 10 – Argonaut | Longing to Be a Hero
- Episode 11 – Rakia | Army’s Advance
- Episode 12 – Song of Love | Goddess and Child
- OVA Two
- Season Three
- Episode 1 – Wiene Dragon’s Daughter
- Episode 2 – Monster | One Wing
- Episode 3 – Xenos | Outliers
- Episode 4 – Aspiration | Distant Dream
- Episode 5 – Ikelos Familia | King of Atrocity
- Episode 6 – Knossos | Man-Made Labyrinth
- Episode 7 – Dix Perdix | The Dreams of Beasts
- Episode 8 – Bell Cranel | The Fool
- Episode 9 – Stigma | Downfall
- Episode 10 – Invisible | Forced Breakthrough
- Episode 11 – Ultra Soul | Decisive Battle
- Episode 12 – Argonaut | Hero’s Return
- OVA Three
- Bonus Posts