Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (Episode 5) – Ikelos Familia | King of Atrocity
Dix has lured Weine and some of the Xeros into a trap. Now, he just has to capture the ones he can make use of and kill the others. Once the other Xeros discover what has happened, they attack the eighteenth floor!
Once Dix had taken the monsters that he wanted, he left the others to the mercy of his party, and their intentions weren’t much better than Dix’s. Ranieh, the arachne took her own life rather than become a plaything for the adventurers. When the other Xeros found the site where their companions had been slaughtered, Gros called on everyone to attack the humans and get back their friends. Lyd tried to talk them out of it but his words fell on deaf ears.
Gros attacked the eighteenth floor which created a situation in Orario. At first, all adventurers were called upon to stop the monsters from reaching the surface, but then the dungeon went into lockdown and everyone was told to standby. Ouranos told the guild master that he would send in a team made up of Ganesh’s Familia, but he also planned on sneaking Bell in with them. Earlier, Bell had caught up with Ais in hopes of getting her to help him, but her views on monsters were absolute.
What did you think?
All right, we get it. Evilus is evil. Dix is a dick. Can we at least get some sort of agenda from Dix and his god, Ikelos who literally just seems to want to cause trouble for anyone and everyone, even his own Familia? It seems ironic that Ais is the only one that appears to have an actual belief system. It may be a little too rigid, but I can only assume that something happened to her earlier in her life. We saw hints of it when she saw the dragon scales at the end of season 2. I did like this episode although it does feel like we’ve been setting things up for a little too long. In the second season, we breezed through arcs too fast and this one it feels a little too slow. Hopefully, it will pick up now that my two favourite characters are getting together.
What have you learnt?
That’s right, Ryu Lion and Aisha are about to form a party to sneak into the dungeon and protect Bell. This is pretty much the only story I want to follow. I also get the sense that the people that were responsible for the deaths of Ryu’s party and the reason she had her adventurer rank stripped were from Ikelos’ Familia. I could feel the bloodlust and thirst for revenge when Aisha told her who was involved. Also, the fact that Aisha has joined Hermes’ Familia can only be a great thing for the future of messing with Bell. My two favourite characters in the entire franchise just became a duo! Good times!
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- OVA One
- Season Two
- Episode 0 – Past & Future
- Episode 1 – Party | Banquet of the Gods
- Episode 2 – Apollo | Sun God
- Episode 3 – Conversion | Gathering
- Episode 4 – War Game | War Game
- Episode 5 – Home | The Hearthfire Mansion
- Episode 6 – Ishtar Familia | City of Lust
- Episode 7 – Renard | Fox Person
- Episode 8 – Ephemeral Dreams | Killing Stone
- Episode 9 – Berbera | War Prostitutes
- Episode 10 – Argonaut | Longing to Be a Hero
- Episode 11 – Rakia | Army’s Advance
- Episode 12 – Song of Love | Goddess and Child
- OVA Two
- Season Three
- Episode 1 – Wiene Dragon’s Daughter
- Episode 2 – Monster | One Wing
- Episode 3 – Xenos | Outliers
- Episode 4 – Aspiration | Distant Dream
- Episode 5 – Ikelos Familia | King of Atrocity
- Episode 6 – Knossos | Man-Made Labyrinth
- Episode 7 – Dix Perdix | The Dreams of Beasts
- Episode 8 – Bell Cranel | The Fool
- Episode 9 – Stigma | Downfall
- Episode 10 – Invisible | Forced Breakthrough
- Episode 11 – Ultra Soul | Decisive Battle
- Episode 12 – Argonaut | Hero’s Return
- OVA Three
- Bonus Posts
- Series Review
- Volume 1 – I Want to Get Stronger
- Volume 2 – Monsterphilia
I am so glad that others are pointing out the name Evilus and Dix. XD
Yeah, it’s a little on the nose really, especially how seemingly evil for evil’s sake they are.
“My two favourite characters in the entire franchise just became a duo! Good times!”
How much Ryu Lion and Aisha is enough?
A little more…
Or a lot more, actually. A lot more would be better.
There’s only seven episodes left, so I feel like it won’t be enough no matter how much time they give them…