So Class 1A is going to put on a concert for the other students at the school festival, but Gentle has also got plans. Meanwhile, Midoriya continues to train with All Might as he tries to get One for All under control.
The class splits up to focus on the different aspects of the performance, but before they can get going Bakugo yells at them about the way the class is being viewed around the school. He’s probably right too. They decided that instead of just trying to please the other students, they’re going to completely blow them away! All Might finally takes Midoriya aside and begins to help him get to grips with One for All. The biggest revelation is that when in his muscle form he doesn’t use One for All all the time, otherwise he’d destroy the ground with each footstep. It’s all about control!
What was your favourite element?
It’s only taken four season, but All Might has finally decided to give Midoriya some direction. This has been a long time coming and I appreciate that he needed Midoriya to make it his own, but I feel like he’s left him to his own devices a little too long. I loved seeing him explaining how he used One for All and watching Midoriya start to put it all together as if it should have been obvious all along. Frankly anytime we get to see All Might on screen is a good time and Midoriya doing his analytic fanboying is another of my favourite things.
What have you learnt?
Honestly, I’m really not into this arc. It feels like a filler arc and no matter what anyone else says, that’s how it is to me. I really have no interest in Class 1A putting together a band. It just feels like a forced way to get some of the lesser used characters in the spotlight without actually having them do something awesome. I still remember when the League of Villains first attacked and we got to see each of the students working against the various villains they’d deployed. Even with the sports festival and the various training sessions, we get to see them using their quirks to grow and work towards becoming heroes. That’s why this feels like filler. This season has sadly changed my opinion of the series.
Other reviews in the series
- Season Four
- Episode 64 – The Scoop on U.A. Class 1-A
- Episode 65 – Overhaul
- Episode 66 – Boy Meets…
- Episode 67 – Fighting Fate
- Episode 68 – Let’s Go, Gutsy Red Riot
- Episode 69 – An Unpleasant Talk
- Episode 70 – GO!!
- Episode 71 – Suneater of the Big Three
- Episode 72 – Red Riot
- Episode 73 – Temp Squad
- Episode 74 – Lemillion
- Episode 75 – Unforeseen Hope
- Episode 76 – Infinite 100%
- Episode 77 – Bright Future
- Episode 78 – Smoldering Flames
- Episode 79 – Win Those Kids’ Hearts
- Episode 80 – Relief for License Trainees
- Episode 81 – School Festival
- Episode 82 – Prepping for the School Festival Is the Funnest Part
- Episode 83 – Gold Tips Imperial
- Episode 84 – Deku vs. Gentle Criminal
- Episode 85 – School Festival Start!!
- Episode 86 – Let It Flow! School Festival!