Shinra has a day off and has gone shopping with the girls, but an Infernal spoils their day. Luckily, help is at hand as the entire Eighth Company arrives. However, the real threat is the upcoming nude Fire Force calendar shoot!
Fire Force (Episode 25) – A Fire Soldier’s Fight
While out shopping, the girls get the idea to makeover Lieutenant Hinawa since he has the worst fashion sense possible. Seems like a reasonable idea, but the choice of shop is less than ideal. Regardless, their excursion is cut short when a large explosion rumbles through the streets. Maki sends Shinra to check it out while they evacuate the civilians. He arrives to discover an enormous Infernal and has a tough time standing up to it alone. Luckily, the rest of Special Fire Force 8 arrives and together they send the Infernal to rest. Latom!
Unfortunately, Hinawa wears the clothes that they bought him and instantly gets a dressing down from Captain Obi. Hinawa tries to take the blame, but Obi calls in Maki, Tamaki, Iris, and Shinra. He knew it was them and the girls look scared so Shinra is about to take the blame when they pin it on him anyhow! If only that was all Shinra had to worry about. It would appear that it’s time to shoot the company photo for the Fire Force Nude Calendar and Obi has some ideas to improve on last year’s attempt!
What did you think?
Well, I think we waited long enough to get started on the second season of Fire Force. It’s only been over for almost a year now… Anyhow, just like the first season, I am joined by Yomu from Umai Yomu Anime Blog. Admittedly, we’ve not had much to do since Ecchi Hunter was unceremoniously yanked from the internet, so what better way to get back into it than revisiting one of our first collaborations. No, I’m not talking about Sankarea. The other first one! So, Yomu, what did you think?
I thought it was a great first episode, giving us pretty much everything one could ask for when bringing us back. It knocked off the rust by re-introducing us to the characters, threw some nice action our way, and then topped it off with some comedy that the last season was known for from time to time. The whole episode was fairly lighthearted as well, coming off of an intense finish to last season.
How about you, Lynn? Ready to dive back into the world of Fire Force after watching this episode?
For sure. I had a grin plastered across my face throughout the entire episode. It was a great way to remind everyone about the characters, throw some insane action in and then hit us with some brilliant comedy. Double cobras killed me!
I can’t get over how they punked Hinawa. When they said they wanted to make him over I thought they wanted to improve his dress sense, not make it worse.
The big fight scene was like something out of the Avengers, especially when Captain Obi threw his shield like Captain America.
I liked that it pretty much reacquainted us with everyone and it didn’t feel forced. I’m really looking forward to the rest of the season now.
Yeah, the shopping trip and calendar were both pretty funny gags to toss in there, I liked how the 7th Brigade just snuck a photo of Benimaru at a public bath and submitted it. Lots of funny little touches in there with the calendars.
I have to say, it’s too bad we didn’t see Maki in a dress like the other girls… but I am glad to see them all again regardless. Even seeing Hibana for a moment there was nice. Despite what many others have said about the fan service in Fire Force, I, for one, am all for it.
In terms of the overarching plot, obviously, things are just getting started back up, so there’s not much to talk about on that front. We’ll have to wait and see if any of our prior theories surrounding Arthur end up coming true or not, for example. Or what the deal is with certain characters like Joker… although I actually need a refresher on a lot of this because I’m pretty sure we were shown quite a bit at the end of last season that I’ve likely forgotten.
Other than that, I’m also excited to see what else is in store for us in future episodes.
There’s definitely some brushing up on theories and plot developments that I’m sure it’ll get to in the coming episodes, so that’ll be exciting.
As to the fan service, like you, I really didn’t mind it. Tamaki was probably the main cause of most complaints but I remember them actually using her lucky lecher ability in a fight. It’s certainly pretty tame compared to some shows out there.
I guess we’ll just have to see how it all plays out, but this was a strong reintroduction to the series for me. I’m excited to really get back into it.
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Shinra Kusakabe Enlists
- Episode 2 – The Heart of a Fire Soldier
- Episode 3 – The Rookie Fire Soldier Games
- Episode 4 – The Hero and the Princess
- Episode 5 – The Battle Begins
- Episode 6 – The Spark of Promise
- Episode 7 – The Investigation of the 1st Commences
- Episode 8 – Infernal Insects
- Episode 9 – The Spreading Malice
- Episode 10 – The Promise
- Episode 11 – Formation of Special Fire Force Company 8 – The Mightiest Hikeshi
- Episode 12 – Eve of Hostilities in Asakusa
- Episode 13 – The Trap Is Set
- Episode 14 – For Whom the Flames Burn
- Episode 15 – The Blacksmith’s Dream
- Episode 16 – We Are Family
- Episode 17 – Black and White and Gray
- Episode 18 – The Secrets of Pyrokinesis
- Episode 19 – Into the Nether
- Episode 20 – Wearing His Pride
- Episode 21 – Those Connected
- Episode 22 – A Brother’s Determination
- Episode 23 – Smile
- Episode 24 – The Burning Past
- Season Two
- Episode 25 – A Fire Soldier’s Fight
- Episode 26 – Flames of Madness
- Episode 27 – A New Flashpoint
- Episode 28 – Groping Through the Fire
- Episode 29 – Corna (Sign of the Devil) / A Secret Plan
- Episode 30 – The Time to Choose
- Episode 31 – Road to the Oasis
- Episode 32 – Smoldering Malevolence
- Episode 33 – The Core
- Episode 34 – The Woman in Black
- Episode 35 – Dark Hero
- Episode 36 – Shadows Cast by Divine Light
- Episode 37 – A Pair of One-Eyes
- Episode 38 – The Ashen Reaper
- Episode 39 – A Three-Way Melee
- Episode 40 – Mind Blown
- Episode 41 – Boys, Be Weak
- Episode 42 – The Holy Woman’s Anguish / The Man, Assault
- Episode 43 – The Oze Family
- Episode 44 – Weapon of Destruction
- Episode 45 – Enemy Contact
- Episode 46 – Plot for Extinction
- Episode 47 – Firecat
- Episode 48 – Signs of Upheaval
- Bonus Posts
Shinra Kusakabe (Re-run) Fire Force ARTFX J Figure – $129.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.
Tamaki Kotatsu (Re-run) Fire Force ARTFX J Figure – $129.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.
Fire Force Manga Volume 1 – $7.69
from: Right Stuf, Inc.