Pecorine has taken the Gourmet Guild on a dangerous quest and as usual, they are less than prepared. Luckily, they run into some friends who help them out. It only seems fair that they repay the favour then!
Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Episode 17) – The Budding Detective ~Mirror Glaze on the Mind~
Yuuki woke from a dream where he was caught up in a great fight against a powerful witch. He recognised some of his allies too, but with his memories still foggy, that was all he could take from it. He had no time to really think about it anyhow as Pecorine hurried them away on their next quest. Before long, the Gourmet Guild were running for their lives as a giant monster seemed determined to eat them. When Yuuki got swatted away and then carried off by a giant bird, he couldn’t have ever guessed what would happen next.
He was rescued by Makoto and the other members of Caon, a guild that specialises in helping beast folk. They caught up with the others and made quick work of the monster. Before the dust had settled, Pecorine, Kokkoro, and Yuuki had begun preparing a lavish feast from the monster. Makoto and the others were suitably disturbed. It turned out that Caon is investigating the appearance of shadows on the island, so Pecorine offers to help. However, something far more sinister is at hand!
What did you think?
This was probably the best episode yet. The opening scene with Mana Senri fighting against Yuuki and the other Seven Crowns was insane. I’m going to throw this out there in the hope that it sticks, but I would love a prequel movie which is basically everything leading up to that point. That would be spectacular. Of course, that was just the appetizer as the main course was yet to come.
Makoto and Kaori are two of my favourite characters in the game and likewise in the anime so it was great seeing them back on the screen. The final fight with the Golem to save Neneka was incredible and what an ending. The plot has got a lot of attention this season and I am all for it. This may well be based on a mobile game, but the story is epic and at the same time it can switch to fun and relaxed in a heartbeat.
What have you learnt?
Other than the need for a prequel movie, I feel like I need to say something about how many characters this series has. I love it. I think that having a central cast that can move around the world and meet up with numerous other characters makes this series a lot of fun. The fact that they can run into anyone anywhere really adds to the adventures and makes it feel epic. I can see it being confusing but I think it’s a good long term idea.
I can see this working really well in an epic story that would span multiple books. The ability to reintroduce characters as needed and allow them to slip away when they’re not is great. It would help keep things fresh as you can rotate characters too by making people leave the party for whatever reason. I can see a lot of potential for a series like this, and not just the waifu bait. I mean that obviously helps…
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Adventure Begins ~Sautéed Mushrooms at Sunset~
- Episode 2 – A Moody Cat’s Mischief ~Warm, Golden Rice Balls~
- Episode 3 – The Epicurean Frontier ~Heavenly Fruit Is the Secret Ingredient~
- Episode 4 – Welcome to the Gourmet Guild ~Beef Stew at Nightfall~
- Episode 5 – Porridge Made With Love ~Topped with a Twilight Fate~
- Episode 6 – Melody of Departure ~Aromatic Spices under the Starry Sky~
- Episode 7 – A Light to Pierce the Darkness ~Like Two Sisters in a Pod~
- Episode 8 – A Little, Lyrical Kids’ Meal ~Country-Style Fried Eggs~
- Episode 9 – A Gourmet Getaway ~Fragrant Tentacles on the Beach~
- Episode 10 – Flowers in Eternal Darkness ~Cursed Pudding~
- Episode 11 – Evening Home ~A Crispy Quest Hot Dog~
- Episode 12 – The Whimsical Patissier’s Specialty ~A Memory of Labyrinths and Crepes~
- Episode 13 – Lost Princess ~Garnished with Smiles~
- Season Two
- Episode 14 – A Walk on the Gourmet Side ~Curiosity Is the Best Bouquet Garni~
- Episode 15 – A Moody Cat’s Hesitation ~Antipasto in the Moonlight~
- Episode 16 – Tea Party in the Mysterious Forest ~Afternoon Carries the Scent of Danger~
- Episode 17 – The Budding Detective ~Mirror Glaze on the Mind~
- Episode 18 – Light and Darkness as One ~Churrasco of Indecision and Resolve~
- Episode 19 – Code Name: Monika ~Bouillabaisse Is Best Enjoyed Hot~
- Episode 20 – The Prankster Pixie ~Cuore in the Mist~
- Episode 21 – A Letter to Join Feelings ~Arancini on the Green Hill~
- Episode 22 – Converging Hearts, Passing Souls ~Crepes the Flavor of a Promise~
- Episode 23 – Landosol at Sundown
- Episode 24 – Those Who Fight Back
- Episode 25 – Connecting the Pieces with You Once More
Pecorine eStream Princess Ver Princess Connect! Re: Dive Figure – $420.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.
Karyl Princess Connect! Re: Dive Figure – $378.99
from: Right Stuf, Inc.