Summer break has begun and what better way to celebrate than by going to a haunted house… no, wait, there is an infinite number of ways that would be better for Tohru, but that’s not going to stop her!
Arisa is super excited for Summer Break and plans on working and eating and not studying. She’s also met a guy that reminded her of Tohru, but then the chances of them bumping into one another again is pretty remote. Haru and Momiji are waiting for Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo as they leave school. Momiji has heard of something exciting and wants to take them all straight there. It’s a haunted house and to everyone’s surprise, Tohru decides that she must go in. It’s obviously a huge mistake, but Haru manages to make the best of a bad situation.
Meanwhile, Arise actually runs into the guy again and he offers to buy her lunch. He reveals that the time he met her in the convenience store was the first time he’d ever been to one. Arisa is concerned that he is a bit closed off so she leaves the restaurant but he follows her and tells her that he likes her… kind of…
What did you think?
First off, Haru in the haunted house was hilarious. His story he wove about the scary mannequin was excellent, especially the way he snapped the head off the snake women that leapt out and presented it as his mother. It was all completely absurd and brilliant, but that was nothing. When the manager of the haunted house threatened to contact their parents, Momiji and Tohru begged him not to separate the mother and son again. They then told him the story that Haru told him and it brought him to tears and he presumably let them go.
Secondly, of course, the guy the Arisa met was a Soma. That was as clear as day. He even looks a little like Kyo. His awkwardness was excellent though, especially when he walked away from the kiss and didn’t say anything. Finally, seeing him meet up with Akito just confirmed what I already knew – this is going to get messy!
What have you learnt?
Even terrifying zombies can have emotional backstory… Haha! No, other than that, I thought the Arisa storyline was very interesting. Two chance meetings with this guy who never does anything that isn’t necessary. Does that mean that these were actually necessary and Akito is behind it all? Probably not, but I’ve planted the seed and now we’ll have to see how it grows. As always this series is excellent and you can’t help but get swept away by it.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – See You After School
- Episode 2 – They’re All Animals!
- Episode 3 – Let’s Play Rich Man, Poor Man!
- Episode 4 – What Year Is She?
- Episode 5 – I’ve Been Fooling Myself
- Episode 6 – Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
- Episode 7 – Spring Comes
- Episode 8 – See You When You Get Back
- Episode 9 – Yuki Was My First Love
- Episode 10 – It’s Valentine’s, After All
- Episode 11 – This is a Wonderful Inn
- Episode 12 – You Look Like You’re Having Fun
- Episode 13 – How Have You Been, My Brother?
- Episode 14 – That’s a Secret
- Episode 15 – I Wouldn’t Say That
- Episode 16 – She Said Don’t Step on Them!
- Episode 17 – This Is for Uo-chan!
- Episode 18 – What’s Important Is…
- Episode 19 – I’m So Sorry!
- Episode 20 – I Can’t Believe You Picked It Up
- Episode 21 – I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight
- Episode 22 – Because I Was Happy
- Episode 23 – You Look Well…
- Episode 24 – Let’s Go Home
- Episode 25 – Summer Will Be Here Soon
- Season Two
- Episode 26 – Hello Again
- Episode 27 – Eat Somen with Your Friends
- Episode 28 – Shall We Go and Get You Changed?
- Episode 29 – I Got Dumped…
- Episode 30 – Wait for me, tororo soba!
- Episode 31 – Are you really this stupid?
- Episode 32 – Let’s Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest!
- Episode 33 – Well, It’s True
- Episode 34 – My Precious…
- Episode 35 – Who Are You?
- Episode 36 – All Mine
- Episode 37 – You Cried for Me
- Episode 38 – Sure Thing
- Episode 39 – I Should Just Die…
- Episode 40 – See You Later
- Episode 41 – Ask Him For Me
- Episode 42 – You Will, I’m Sure of It
- Episode 43 – Do You Wanna Kiss?
- Episode 44 – There’s Just No Way!
- Episode 45 – Are You Okay?
- Episode 46 – There Was, Definitely
- Episode 47 – That Isn’t What I Want
- Episode 48 – It’s Cinderella-ish
- Episode 49 – Here You Are
- Episode 50 – I’m Different Now
- Season Three
- Episode 51 – I’ll Hold Another Banquet
- Episode 52 – That’s an Unwavering Truth
- Episode 53 – I Hope It Snows Soon
- Episode 54 – I’m… Home.
- Episode 55 – I Mean… You Know, Right?
- Episode 56 – It Was So Foolish
- Episode 57 – That’s Right, It’s Empty
- Episode 58 – I’m Disappointed in You
- Episode 59 – What’s Your Name?
- Episode 60 – I Just Love Her
- Episode 61 – Goodbye
- Episode 62 – You Fought Well
- Episode 63 – See You Again Soon