Momiji shows up at Shigure’s house and announces that they are going on a summer vacation to the Soma house by the beach and he’s invited everyone. Oh, and they leave tomorrow… pack your things already!
After a night of cramming in Tohru’s homework, they head to the beach. Something has come up for Shigure, however, and he’ll meet them there later. Once they’ve set off, Shigure tells someone to come out from their hiding place. He seems even less surprised that it’s Rin and she seems to want something.
Meanwhile, at the beach, Tohru shows off her swimming abilities and Haru convinces Yuki and Kyo to have a race. On the way back to the vacation house, Hiro makes some comments about how Tohru never mentions her father, which appears to hit her hard. Kisa gets upset with Hiro too. After the day at the beach, Yuki develops a low-grade fever and is relaxing when he starts to play with Tohru’s hair. He thinks back to the time he climbed over the wall of the Soma estate and helped a little girl find her way home…
Shigure has now found his way to Akito’s side. He seems determined to cause some drama and even invites Akito to the beach house. Shigure is up to something and it is going to shake things up.
What did you think?
There’s a reason that Shigure is my favourite character in this series and this episode really highlighted why. He’s fun and playful, but also cunning and devious. If there’s something he wants, you can be pretty sure he’s going to get it. As to the developments with Akito, I’m absolutely certain this all plays into his plan, whatever that is. It was nice to see it finally confirmed that Yuki was the original owner of the hat that Tohru has kept since she was a child. We all knew it, but having the confirmation puts that one to bed. Now, we just need to know what Kyo had to apologize to Tohru about. There’s still a lot of mileage in this story and I can’t wait to see where we’re going next.
What have you learnt?
After thirty-one episodes, it feels like we’ve really got a handle on who the characters are. To the point, that nothing that do seems to surprise us. Even with Shigure, we’ve seen the darker side of him in action and I think that’s one of his more interesting aspects. Akito is still more of a mystery, but I am sticking with my earlier prediction that Akito is a girl. I do, however, really want to start to find out a bit more about the curse and how Akito is at the centre of things. It would appear that things are about to get shaken up, especially if Akito goes to the beach house. I’m excited. Are you?
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – See You After School
- Episode 2 – They’re All Animals!
- Episode 3 – Let’s Play Rich Man, Poor Man!
- Episode 4 – What Year Is She?
- Episode 5 – I’ve Been Fooling Myself
- Episode 6 – Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
- Episode 7 – Spring Comes
- Episode 8 – See You When You Get Back
- Episode 9 – Yuki Was My First Love
- Episode 10 – It’s Valentine’s, After All
- Episode 11 – This is a Wonderful Inn
- Episode 12 – You Look Like You’re Having Fun
- Episode 13 – How Have You Been, My Brother?
- Episode 14 – That’s a Secret
- Episode 15 – I Wouldn’t Say That
- Episode 16 – She Said Don’t Step on Them!
- Episode 17 – This Is for Uo-chan!
- Episode 18 – What’s Important Is…
- Episode 19 – I’m So Sorry!
- Episode 20 – I Can’t Believe You Picked It Up
- Episode 21 – I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight
- Episode 22 – Because I Was Happy
- Episode 23 – You Look Well…
- Episode 24 – Let’s Go Home
- Episode 25 – Summer Will Be Here Soon
- Season Two
- Episode 26 – Hello Again
- Episode 27 – Eat Somen with Your Friends
- Episode 28 – Shall We Go and Get You Changed?
- Episode 29 – I Got Dumped…
- Episode 30 – Wait for me, tororo soba!
- Episode 31 – Are you really this stupid?
- Episode 32 – Let’s Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest!
- Episode 33 – Well, It’s True
- Episode 34 – My Precious…
- Episode 35 – Who Are You?
- Episode 36 – All Mine
- Episode 37 – You Cried for Me
- Episode 38 – Sure Thing
- Episode 39 – I Should Just Die…
- Episode 40 – See You Later
- Episode 41 – Ask Him For Me
- Episode 42 – You Will, I’m Sure of It
- Episode 43 – Do You Wanna Kiss?
- Episode 44 – There’s Just No Way!
- Episode 45 – Are You Okay?
- Episode 46 – There Was, Definitely
- Episode 47 – That Isn’t What I Want
- Episode 48 – It’s Cinderella-ish
- Episode 49 – Here You Are
- Episode 50 – I’m Different Now
- Season Three
- Episode 51 – I’ll Hold Another Banquet
- Episode 52 – That’s an Unwavering Truth
- Episode 53 – I Hope It Snows Soon
- Episode 54 – I’m… Home.
- Episode 55 – I Mean… You Know, Right?
- Episode 56 – It Was So Foolish
- Episode 57 – That’s Right, It’s Empty
- Episode 58 – I’m Disappointed in You
- Episode 59 – What’s Your Name?
- Episode 60 – I Just Love Her
- Episode 61 – Goodbye
- Episode 62 – You Fought Well
- Episode 63 – See You Again Soon